Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Presets - Youth In Trouble


I saw The Presets live five years ago in what was a great concert at a perfect venue. Sure, Allhuset at The Stockholm University isn't big. But the atmosphere was dense and the place was packed. Two guys, some keyboards and synthesizers and a drumkit: what a fierce set. Their own material sounded great and they did a mean cover of "Da Funk". Since them I've loved all of their releases, especially 2008:s "Apocalypso". Rave, body music, techno and some pop rolled into one. Yummy.


So let's fast forward to some weeks ago when I found myself wondering when they dropped of my radar. Yeah, I know, kind of stupid of me considering they have a homepage, Twitter et al. It was just one of those occasions when a track pops up while you're listening to music in shuffle mode and you go "oh yeah, those guys. I wonder if they have released something new that I've missed".


And only them found out that, yep, a new album IS one the way. It's called "Pacifica" and here's the video of the first single "Youth In Trouble". Nice.

// Kasp (Orphans)

No comments:

Post a Comment