Thursday, March 8, 2012

8th of March special: Ellen Allien


It's the 8th of March 2012 - Internation Women's Day - and we're still fighting for our rights. In this blog today, we're blogging about female DJ:s that we admire. As a female DJ, I'm used to be treated differently than my male cohorts. I've been asked to pay admission at the places we're playing at. I've been ignored by organizers when we're all showing up to play our sets. I'm not on the "guest list".

I rarely reflect over these things. I tend to ignore them. It's usually something someone else point out for me. Maybe because I don't expect more, as a woman and as someone who's used to this treatment.

But there's light in the dark. There are women like Ellen Allien, who I respect and admire and has gotten far by being awesome. This blog post goes out to you.









//Sandy Loops

No comments:

Post a Comment