Friday, December 23, 2011

Best of 2011 pt. 4 – Sandy Loops

It's the minus 9th of January 2012 and therefore there art time for summarizing this very year. I giveth thee the Sandy Loops Top Ten Tracks of 2011*.

1. Enzo Siffredi & Jfth Feat. The Allstars - Jungle Dancing

This is the track I've spent most time trying to copy while producing, without being successful at all. I like this track so much, I wanna smear some ketchup on it and have it for dinner every single day. I like this track so much, I wanna marry it and have little Jungle Dancing snippets. I like this track so much, I... Oh, nevermind.



2. Sean Miller & Daniel Dubb - Sinnerman (Original Mix)

I've fallen in love with a lot of tracks this year, but there's only one that I have played in every single dj set I've done. Sinnerman. Brilliant Nina Simone song, brilliant mix from Sean Miller and Daniel Dubb. I will probably keep this in my sets all of 2012 as well - impossible to get tired of. Yeah, I'll marry this song too. Is polygamy legal?



3. Ellen Allien - You (Munk Remix)

A real party-maker for me, always sets the mood right before going out. Plus Ellen Allien is so freaking awesome! Love love love the bassline!



4. Gui Boratto - Blackjack's Primetime

If you'd ask me which producer got the most plays from me in 2011, it would most likely be Gui Boratto. And not just his more recent stuff, I listen to his remixes of Goldfrapp and Massive Attack songs from a couple of years ago pretty much every day. Most days I even listen to them several times. This track is the best Gui Boratto track of 2011 though. Yeah it's great.



5. Solomun - Love Recycled 1

The best lounge-making track of the year. Perfect dj-ing in a bar music, perfect for a quiet evening at home with drinks, perfect music for early subway rides to work. Feel that 70's vibe, with the best sampling of 2011!



6. The Dead Rose Music Company - Get Me Through The Day (TDRMC Stripped Dub)

Somehow this track manages to be both loungy and party-making at the same time. Real groovy, and has well deserved its place on this list.

Get Me Through The Day (TDRMC Stripped Dub) by TheDeadRoseMusicCompany

7. Larry Peters & Von Georgi - Tambolero (Melohmann & Javi Bora remix)

Ethnic!
Actually, a real fun and great track. A little messy, and I mean that in the best possible way.
TAMBOLEEEEEROOOOO!

Larry Peters & Von Georgi Tambolero (Melohmann & Javi Bora rmx) by MyLittleDog-Records

8. Mason feat Roisin Murphy - Boadicea (Oliver $ Remix)

If you ask me, every list of the best tracks of any given year should include a track with Roisin Murphy. How awesome is she?



9. Sticky Stockholm & The Orphans - Battle Moose

If I had just finished the video I was making, I would have posted a Youtube clip here. Kidding!
This mysterious, slightly scary and generally awesome collab between Sticky Stockholm and The Orphans is definitely one of the top tracks this year. Yeah!
Bi-bi-bibi-bi-bi-bibi...

Battle Moose by Sticky Stockholm

10. Mustang - Apocalypso

Yes, I cheated on this one. It was actually released on the very last days of 2010, but I had to put it on the list of 2011, because it has gotten so many plays from me this year. Because I think it's really amazing. And worth cheating on this list for.



Th-th-th-that's all folks!

//Sandy Loops

* 2011 finally saw the return of 1990's fashuns. 2010 were more about the 80's. And 2012, we will surely be influenced by the middle ages. Return of the plague! Now I just realised that they probably didn't speak like that in the 1400's. I must stop writing now. Getting back to my gin and lime. How very medieval of me! What? Nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment